I am blogging on Living in La La Land & I hope you'll follow along over there!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Friend Reached Out, Now I am Reaching Out..

My friend Lindsay better known as "Shrimp Salad Circus" has been working on a serious project with a friend of hers. Lindsay reached out to me to help spread the word about Bridges Beyond Borders a non profit that mentors young refugees. I found that Lindsay is one amazing young woman, she is kind, compassionate and willing- so it comes to no surprise to me that she would help others. Now I am reaching out to you, can you help spread the word about Lindsay's non-profit Bridges Beyon Borders? The more we are educated the more we can help, so please head on over to Lindsay's blog to learn how you can become a mentor, more about her great cause and/or donate if your able.

Lindsay said:
I have partnered with a local middle school, and we will have 15 mentors and 15 refugee students for our first semester. I am hoping to provide each student with a brand new backpack stuffed with every single item on their school supply list, and I plan to have an event every couple months to bring the refugee students, their families, and my mentors together. I have found a sponsor, Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning, to provide lots of books so that our refugee children have something to take home with them - something to call their own. These children will have the college-student mentor in their lives for an entire year, boosting their confidence, their academic achievement, and their ability to adjust to a new culture.

You can also get more information from:
Bridges Beyond Borders on Facebook
Bridges Beyond Borders on Twitter
Bridges Beyond Borders Blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected